• 2 green onions
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley (optional) 5 eggs
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) homogenized milk, half-and-half or table cream
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
• 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly butter a 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate or coat with cooking spray. Wash chard and leave water clinging to leaves. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high just until wilted, click from 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover and cool. Using your hands or a kitchen cloth, squeeze out as much moisture as possible and coarsely chop. You should have about 1 cup (250 mL). Thinly slice green onions. Chop and measure out herbs.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with milk until blended. Stir in chard, onions and herbs. Stir in feta and 1 cup (250 mL) cheddar. Pour into pie plate and smooth top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheddar. Bake in centre of 350F (180C) oven until top is golden and centre is set when a knife is inserted, from 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.