Enjoying Your Beets!
The beets in the share this week are small in size so here’s how i cooked them tonight to put on a salad with chevre ….. yum!
1. Take off all “tops & tails” of the beets
2. Rinse in a colander to remove soil.
3. Add beets to a pot of boiling water, boil until easily pierced with a fork.
4. Drain out hot water, let beets sit in cold water until cooled.
5. Slip off the skins with your hands, doesn’t have to be perfect.
6. Slice and add to salads, keep extras in the fridge for tomorrow’s salads or snacks!
Dust off the juicer! Throw the beets in with some carrots and apples, celery etc, equal volumes. Beets don’t need to be peeled for this.
Grate them fresh – right onto salads, they add an amazing sweetness!
Roast them whole – rinse, leave skins on, toss with olive oil & salt, roast in the oven at 350 until tender. Skins can be slipped off after cooking.