What is a Share?
“A Share”is the term we use for the box of fresh, certified organic produce you will receive, weekly or biweekly, from Plan B once you subscribe to our CSA program.
“A Season” is the length of time you will receive the “share” you subscribed for. We divide up the calendar year into 3 “seasons” to simplify ordering and because we have different types of “shares” different times of the year.
Winter-Spring Season 2013
20 week season – from January 8th to May 20th 2013
Shares include a selection of certified organic, local & imported produce.
- SMALL SHARE $25/week - approximately 10 items/week
- REGULAR SHARE $40/week - approximately 12-14 items/week
What veggies will be in the share each week?
- Root Vegetables – such as carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, sometimes beets, parsnips & squash
- Fruit – such as ontario apples, fair trade bananas & avocado, oranges, pears, sometimes kiwi, mango, grapefruit or lemons.
- Fresh Vegetables – broccoli, cabbage, kale, celery, tomato, mushrooms, zucchini sometimes cucumber, cauliflower, or peppers.
- Salad greens - local greenhouse grown lettuce, sprouts, & herbs, baby salad mix, sometimes spinach.
Options available in the Winter Season:
LUNCH BOX $10 3 items/week – designed to add on to your share, items not in our other shares such as; baby carrot, berries, cherry tomato, cucumber.
LOCAL ONLY SHARES $25 & $40 – Certified Organic, Ontario grown produce only. Lots of roots, cabbage, greenhouse salad, herbs, sprouts, & mushrooms .
ADD ONS – organic whole wheat tortillas, free range pastured eggs, organic fair trade coffee.
Summer Season 2013
20 Week Season – from May 24th – October 4th
Shares will include certified organic, seasonal, home grown & Ontario grown vegetables, and occasionally seasonal fruit such as berries or melons.
- HALF SHARE $25/week- 8-10 items/week
- FULL SHARE $40/week – 10-12 items/week
- June - lettuce, spinach, salad mix, green garlic, kale, radishes, broccoli, asparagus, strawberries, green onions, garlic scapes, snap peas, chives
- July - lettuce, radishes, Swiss chard, turnips, salad mix, garlic, carrots, beets, cabbage, zucchini, green onions, cilantro, dill, parsley, romaine, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes
- August - tomatoes, zucchini, basil, carrots, beans, garlic, onions, cucumbers, lettuce, dill, beets, potatoes, radishes, oregano, broccoli, melons, peppers, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, salad mix, Swiss chard, apples, watermelon
- September - tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, basil, cantaloupe, watermelon, rosemary, parsley, potatoes, onions, garlic, turnip, beans, salad mix, carrots, spinach, cauliflower, acorn, squash
- October - salad mix, lettuce, spinach, winter squash, onions, rutabaga, potatoes, pumpkin, leeks, carrots, beets, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, sweet potatoes, garlic, bok choi, kale, collard greens
Fruit Shares – $15 – 3-5 items/week, certified organic, LOCAL and IMPORTED fruit. Local seasonal fruit will take priority in this share but it is not available at all at some times in the season. We hope our fruit share will help to build capacity for local fruit farmers so hopefully, in future, it will be all local.
Newsletter & Open Farm Day
A subscription to our CSA program also includes:
- our weekly e-news with recipes
- an invitation to our Farm Day Celebration in September