What is a Share?
“A Share”is the term we use for the box of fresh, certified organic produce you will receive, weekly or biweekly, from Plan B once you subscribe to our CSA program.
Choose Your TYPE of share LOCAL ONLY or LOCAL AND IMPORTED.
- SMALL SHARE $30/week - approximately 10 items/week
- LARGE SHARE $45/week - approximately 12-14 items/week
What will be in the LOCAL & IMPORTED share each week?
- Root Vegetables – such as carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, sometimes beets, parsnips & squash
- Fruit – such as ontario apples, fair trade bananas & avocado, oranges, pears, sometimes kiwi, mango, grapefruit or lemons.
- Fresh Vegetables – broccoli, cabbage, kale, celery, tomato, mushrooms, zucchini sometimes cucumber, cauliflower, or peppers.
- Salad greens - local greenhouse grown lettuce, sprouts, & herbs, baby salad mix, sometimes spinach.
What will be in my LOCAL ONLY share each week?
- Root Vegetables – seasonal – such as carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, sometimes beets, parsnips & squash
- Fruit – seasonal – such as ontario apples, in summer grapes, melons, & berries.
- Fresh Vegetables – as seasonally available, such as cabbage, kale, celery, tomato, mushrooms, zucchini sometimes cucumber, cauliflower, or peppers.
- Salad greens – local greenhouse grown lettuce, sprouts, & herbs, baby salad mix, sometimes spinach.
LUNCH BOX $10 2-3 items/week – designed to add on to your share, items not in our other shares such as; baby carrot, berries, cherry tomato, cucumber.
ADD $10 FRUIT – 3 additional fruit items each week, mostly imported certified organic
ADD ONS – organic whole wheat tortillas, free range pastured eggs, organic fair trade coffee.
What can I expect in my LOCAL ONLY SHARE during the growing season?
- June - lettuce, spinach, salad mix, green garlic, kale, radishes, broccoli, asparagus, strawberries, green onions, garlic scapes, snap peas, chives
- July - lettuce, radishes, Swiss chard, turnips, salad mix, garlic, carrots, beets, cabbage, zucchini, green onions, cilantro, dill, parsley, romaine, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes
- August - tomatoes, zucchini, basil, carrots, beans, garlic, onions, cucumbers, lettuce, dill, beets, potatoes, radishes, oregano, broccoli, melons, peppers, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, salad mix, Swiss chard, apples, watermelon
- September - tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, basil, cantaloupe, watermelon, rosemary, parsley, potatoes, onions, garlic, turnip, beans, salad mix, carrots, spinach, cauliflower, acorn, squash
- October - salad mix, lettuce, spinach, winter squash, onions, rutabaga, potatoes, pumpkin, leeks, carrots, beets, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, sweet potatoes, garlic, bok choi, kale, collard greens
Newsletter & Open Farm Day
A subscription to our CSA program also includes:
- our weekly e-news with recipes
- an invitation to our Farm Day Celebration in September